1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox Sports One

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BenPoquette, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Cable system where I work has ESPN Classic and ESPN2 before ESPN.
    Where I live, ESPN and ESPN2 are in the right order, and on basic cable, but Classic is on a separate sports tier and is in the 700s.
    Lots of cable system channel lineups are screwed up. At least in the case of FS1 and FS2, there's a logical explanation for why they are where they are (they completely replaced two other channels, so it's probably easier to keep them where they are for now).

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

But it's all been done before. With game-changing talent.

Is Fox gonna roll out a remake of "Animal House," too?

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Was it over when the Germans invaded Pocono Speedway!?

4. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

The order on DirecTV is ESPN, ESPNNews, ESPNU, ESPN2. The odd thing is, even though they went ahead and moved FS1 to 219 and NBC Sports Network is on 220, CBS Sports Network is on 613, way out there with all of the regional sports networks. EDIT: As of perhaps last night, but definitely this morning, CBSSN is on channel 221.

I guess my programming package has been upgraded to get Fox Soccer Channel in its last days before it passes on and becomes FXX. I don't recall being able to watch it before Saturday.

5. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

FSL, meh, not bad and certainly better than the all-Yankees, Red Sox, Lakers, Tebow and twitter feeds all the time joke that Sportscenter has become. It just seems kind of generic and blah.

Crowd Goes Wild on the other hand, yikes. It is the perfect show for that one sadomasochist who still missed Best Damn.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Germans?

Ah forget it, he's rolling.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

This situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be made on somebody's part.

And FS1 are just the guys to do it.

[​IMG]

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Excellent recommendation, Boom. I use that site all the time to see what games I might be able to get here in Canuckistan.

9. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

The Pre- and Post-game shows they did around the preseason game Fox network telecast last week had a friend and I wondering if this bunch was going to replace Terry, Howie, & Co. and we kept hoping they wouldn't (They looked like guys who used to play who were STILL in game mode -- like they wanted to hit somebody in pads, from our POV). Maybe it was first night jitters (even if there had been rehearsals, which we all know there have been). It was just a little uncomfortable to watch at times.

10. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

BTW, how soon before SportsJournalists.commers start unloading on Fox Sports 1 in the same way we unload on ESPN...(I want to get in with the early crowd...)?

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

This is good also for TV listings...we usually doublecheck our listings against this, it's pretty solid: 506sports.com

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I think he's on right now with a guy named Dan who had the salmon today and is gassy.

At least I think that's how they opened.

My apologies if I am mistaken.

Draft saved Draft deleted