1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox Sports One

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BenPoquette, Aug 20, 2013.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

LMAO! Well played. On my cable, FS One is 731 and ESPN is 9. Shows you the uphill battle.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Deion Sanders singlehandedly makes any show on which he airs utterly unwatchable, no matter how well the other hosts do their jobs. I've never understood his appeal. Too much screaming at the audience.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've never understood why studio shows feel they need to pile as many bodies as possible onto a set. I get having an offense guy and a defense guy - but the way networks think people will watch former players based on their resumes or an over the top personality....I just don't get it.

4. Gold

Gold Active Member

That reminds me of the Leslie Nielsen comedy police movie where they show six or seven people broadcasting a baseball game, including Dick Vitale and Dr. Joyce Brothers. Somebody help me with the name - it was the one where a hypnotzied Reggie Jackson found the gun under second base and said, "Must kill the Queen".

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

What live sports events does FS1 have the rights for?

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Were animated robots part of their shows?

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Echoing another thread, I thought Randy Moss was good.

Tried to watch part of the Regis show. It may be the worst thing I've watched on television all year. I get what they're trying to do, but the cast will need some rearranging. First and foremost it's get the old man who brags about all his Emmys off the air. Not that he gives a shit.

And the whole Pardon the Contradiction gimmick? Even SNL wouldn't let that go more than three minutes starting at 12:53. In totality. Major retooling going to happen there.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Don't get it on the cable tier here. And no inclination to pay a penny extra for yet another highlight show.

Do they have the rights to any live programming?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The Regis show drew a 0.1 rating.

11. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

DVD'ed the Sports Center ripoff Monday night and the afternoon "Crowd Goes Wild" that has Regis Philbin for some reason and about 17 other people all getting talking time. After trying about 10 minutes of each I turned them off. Meh.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So he kicked MSNBC's ass. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted