1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox Sports Nets gone from Dish Network

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stitch, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And of course, these are the same groups that kick and scream and run those "Don't steal cable" commercials.

They don't care about their customers. Why should their customers care about them?

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Dish Network sucks. Shocker.

I love buying the off-brand stuff occasionally, like the off-brand CTC, or the off-brand animal crackers. When it comes to TV, zippy chance I'm going with the off-brand.

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Odd thing, before he moved in with me, my current roommate had not paid for cable in four years.

In the first place he moved to, he specifically told the cable company to call his mother before they came over so she could open up the apartment and show them where to put the cable modem. They didn't. Roommate comes home to find the "You were gone when we called" note on the door and promptly got on the phone to tell the cable company to stuff it.

Between the time the cable people came over and roomie came home, his daughter hooked up the TV to the cable in the wall. Turned out, the company had installed the cable to the outside and turned on the TV service. Roomie figures that they'll come by and disconnect it eventually but they'll enjoy it until they get the time to call the dish people.

The cable company never did disconnect the cable. And they never sent him a bill. That's two years there.

They move out of the apartment and into a rental house. They hook up the TV's to cable and find they're getting a signal. They figure the last guy there didn't have it turned off. So they figure they'll enjoy it until the cable company comes and disconnects it. Again, they never did. Two more years of free cable ... and this time, they get all the movie channels, too.

About a month ago, the cable company accidentally disconnected the cable at my house. Roomie calls them to ask what's going on. They discover the technician didn't pay attention to what he was doing in the alley; he was supposed to disconnect the house next door. They come back hook us up again and this time, we're getting all the movie channels for free.

I don't know what it is, but somehow my roommate is able to get free cable (or extras at least) without even trying.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Your roomie apparently being Kramer

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You're lying. What cable company offers movie channels without needing digital anymore?

6. apeman33

Ours. Showtime is Channel 2, the Movie Channel is 14 and HBO is 15.

Doubt it? Go to tvguide.com and enter zip code 66701. Then apologize for calling me a liar.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Lighten up Francis. Just wait until the cable company discovers you're getting it for free. I've heard some send a bill for past service. Hopefully you're not one of them.

8. apeman33

The cable company was the one who hooked up service we didn't order. And no, I will not lighten up. I don't take kindly to be called a liar.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Fixed.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

If Fox was cut on Nov. 1, we were immediately going to switch to DirecTV. Dish is simply less expensive than Direct, which is why we like it. We're not ordering the NFL Sunday Ticket anyway, which is one of the major reasons to have Direct. We did manage to wrangle a few free months of Starz out of Dish for the trouble.

Draft saved Draft deleted