1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox Sports Nets gone from Dish Network

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stitch, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Lotsa Braves fans (including me) unhappy in my neck of the woods. We'll miss Bobby Cox's last regular-season game (and maybe his last game, period) on Sunday and the special 1-hour tribute show they've got planned for tomorrow, both being broadcast by Fox Sports South.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

They'd be the same for DirecTV as they are with Dish.

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about switching to Dish. Hearing the FSNs were going to be taken off made me hesitate. FSN is the only way to see the Royals here and there would also be a lot of Big 12 games I'd miss. I had already eliminated DirecTV because it still doesn't have the CBS and Fox affiliates in my market and those are the two local channels we watch the most. We're too far away from the stations to get an over-the-air signal.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

So the question I have, and I'll find out in about 2 1/2 hours, is the games on the Alternate channels - are they gone too?

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Don't think so, unless they're Fox regional network broadcasts.

6. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

FSN Detroit carries almost all the Red Wings, Tigers and Pistons games. I imagine that their Wings ratings have got to be really, really, really good. People in the Detroit market will definitely be pissed.

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

what pisses me off is the dish ceo telling us that "we're giving you blah blah blah other sports channels during these negotiations." problem is that i don't give a damn about the big 10 network, fox sports california, etc. i want the damn channel that i paid extra for!!!!!!

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So much for the other channels I'm supposed to be getting. UGA-Colorado supposed to be on Fsn Rocky Mtn - blacked out. Supposed to be on CSN Washington - William & Mary replay.

9. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

I've already seen a TV ad touting Cable and DirecTV talking about how Dish will no longer carry such-and-such channels and teams that Cable/DirecTV will. They even have some website like get-what-you're-missing dot com.

10. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

That'll happen every time one gets cranky with a programming provider. The others step up and say, "Hey! We've still got it!"

The TV market where I live (Joplin-Pittsburg) had a big tiff between the NBC/ABC station owners and the corporation that runs Joplin's cable system about 5 years ago. The stations (which have the same owner) got yanked from the cable system in Joplin and about 5 other towns where the same cable co. ran franchises. The TV stations used their market rights to keep the cable systems from bringing on other stations from other cities to replace them (It even forced one of the systems to drop a Tulsa ABC station which it had been carrying along with the Joplin station for years).

Naturally, the dish companies were all over it with "Buy our dishes and we'll install an antenna so you can keep getting your local stations at no extra cost!" (They had to do it that way because neither dish system had the Joplin stations yet.)

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Nope. It's gone. No more It's Always Sunny or Justified. :mad:

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Or motherfucking SOA. You talk about a mad sonofabitch when I got home from Afghanistan for two weeks wanting to catch up on Season 3. Yeah, that was me.

Draft saved Draft deleted