1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox Sports Nets gone from Dish Network

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stitch, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Dish pulled most of its regional Fox Sports Network's (except FSN Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountain and Northwest) because the contract is up. DirecTV owns the three that are still on the air.

Dish's press release (http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fox-blocks-regional-sports-channels-from-dish-network-viewers-104138783.html)

Same old BS when these things happen, Dish says FOX is unreasonable, while FOX tells Dish to bend over. Both sides eventually make a deal

2. Interesting timing . . . once baseball season is over, there's not a whole lot to be found on the Fox Sports stations except for small college football games. If Dish was indeed serious, they would have pulled their power play mid baseball season.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

FSSW carries the Mavericks and Stars as well as baseball. Only something like 16 games each are over-the-air. This won't go over well for Dish customers.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Fox and Cablevision also waving swords.

5. I'd be curious to see the ratings for an NBA or NHL game on one of the fox sports regional stations vs that of a baseball game. I took a look but couldn't find them at a quick glance, but my gut, and it is ever-expanding by the day, tells me it wouldn't be as high. Plus, the NBA season doesn;t get started until later in October, so they have a little time between the season to work it out. It just seems like the timing is good for Dish on this one.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

There was talk that FX would be axed as well, but I just checked and it's still there.

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Many of the FSNs are the flagship television stations of NBA teams as well, aren't they?

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Anything to fuck Fox is a real good thing.

9. Right, FB pointed that out as well . . . but I wonder what kind of ratings the regional fox sports stations get for NBA and NHL as opposed to baseball.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hard to argue with this. Of course, in Cablevision vs. Duke, I'd root for Duke. So I'm pretty fucked either way.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I like Dish's ForceFedChannels.com that conveniently leaves out all the crappy shopping channels they clutter up the programming guide with.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Is there a way to find out what NHL territories each team has? If this drags out I will probably switch back to DirecTV, but I'd like to know for sure the Preds games I got on Dish would be available after the switch.

Draft saved Draft deleted