1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox Sports' Jen Floyd Engel: Manziel is the new Rosa Parks

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Steak Snabler, Aug 9, 2013.

1. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

You know, I had actually read that and forgotten it, and was just trying to generalize and think up the doucheist way to spend his money, and I think a new jet ski might actually be the douche-equivalent of "rims on the truck." It's a push.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Jet-skis are a form of transportation. They have some valid use.

3. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

I realize I'm "old" when it comes to the twitter world and all, but when I see the hashtags on something like an apology, it makes it seem less sincere to me. Heaven forbid she just tweet 'I sincerely apologize to Terrell Pryor. When you know better, you write better.'
    Now, get off my lawn.
    #dagnabbit

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Had Johnny Manziel committed a single act of NCAA rule-breaking as a statement, then turned himself in and begun lobbying for student-athlete rights, we could draw the Parks comparison.

Jen Floyd Engel seems of the mind that Parks' role in the movement was accidental.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Are you Bartle, or are you Jaymes?

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Grant Hill's parents had plenty of money too. He said there were poorer kids in high school that begrudged him taking a spot on the basketball team because he didn't "need" it.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I said it on here earlier. It might be to his advantage that he's rich because unlike the poorer athlete-students, he can afford to tell the NCAA to shove it.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

More two-page threads on coherent, thoughtful columns instead of look-at-me dreck.

9. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Dick, you're the guy who insisted on using "n----r" repeatedly to prove the moral irrelevance of religion.

It's possible your offensive-analogy meter is tuned to a different pitch than most.

10. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Not trying to be a jerk, but the quality of writing between her and Whitlock is so incredibly poor. It baffles me that writing like that has an audience.

11. SirTypeAlot

SirTypeAlot Member

Sorry to be so frank, but Jen is terrible. She's a snob and shoots from the hip because her knowledge and ability to see what a columnist should is excruciatingly limited. Without getting personal, she's not my cup of tea at all.

12. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

She's been the president of the Johnny Football Fan Club forever. During the Manning passing-camp fiasco, she must have tweeted 50 times about how every college student gets blasted every weekend, and it isn't like he can help it. She was trying so hard to defend him that she eventually portrayed him as a raging, out-of-control alcoholic.

Draft saved Draft deleted