1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox Sports is awful

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Duly noted.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

So there he is. The one person who goes to FoxSports.com.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

God bless you.

Even though I know you're joking.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Fox has ruined sports coverage. I miss Roone Arledge.

5. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Fine. But, Buck and co. were just following a decades old line of thinking in regards to baseball. It's not a line of thinking that is his doing.

6. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

The Missississipi River is a standard body of demarcation. Since we're talking national broadcasts where they treat the viewer as if they are new to everything, using the Mississippi makes more sense than a city they probably doubt most viewers could find on a map without help.

7. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Anyone who says "no teams West of the Mississippi" is ignorant. St. Louis had two teams, at one time. So there were times when there were TWO teams "West of the Mississippi." That someone else made profoundly false statements is no defense for Buck or McCarver repeating it, especially when Buck grew up in St. Louis and McCarver made his name as a major-league player there.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Two words: Justin Bieber. Fortunately, I had already muted the TV to listen to Kruk and Kuip.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'd like Buck a lot better if he didn't act like he was being inconvenienced and doing us a favor each time he calls a game.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Fixed.

Draft saved Draft deleted