1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox Sports: Favre traded to Jets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by pressboxramblings07, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

ESPN whiffed on this. I mean, whiffed. From the beginning, when Michael Smith arrogantly proclaimed "The Jets don't want him" to this morning, when John Clayton, who wouldn't fucking know from Adam, as much time as he spends on the east coast, suggested, with equal arrogance, that Favre would retire before being traded to the Jets.

And then FoxSports waltzes in, steals it.

The Jets always, from day one, made the most sense. For the Packers. And for the damn Jets.

Week two, Pats at Jets, Brady at Favre, Spygate Redux. How do you like them Big Apples? CBS sure does.

2. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

Baseball? ESPN?

This is the network that will give Baseball Tonight 20 minutes on a weeknight in June, and then give NFL Live the remaining 40 minutes of the hour block between the 11 PM and 1 AM Sports Center...

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Fuck Brett Favre, Fuck the Packers, Fuck the Jets, Fuck ESPN and Fuck Everyone Else Who Had Anything To Do With This Fucking Trade.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

It will be the predominant 1 p.m. CBS game.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So, in other words, fuckabuncha the whole deal?

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Fuck Yes.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

yeah, but as long as you update the website, we'll be ok.

8. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

My thoughts exactly. The most overhyped American athlete of this decade in the media capital of the world. Fan-fucking-tastic.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

The scroll is now telling us BT has been bumped to ESPN2 at 12:30......

10. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Blue type notwithstanding, we aren't allowed to use AP on the website for whatever reason.

I suppose I could put it on my....BLOG!

11. Fuck yeah.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Stuart Scott's preview for the upcoming segment on Favre alluded to them speaking to Trent Dilfer, "who was as many Super Bolw rings as Brett Favre." Awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted