1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox Sports: Favre traded to Jets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by pressboxramblings07, Aug 6, 2008.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Rosie, I'm whistling "Skol Vikings" in your honor and for the good folks up north. This is coming from a Bears fan.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It'll be regional.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Favre to NYC?

So the media circus is just now beginning?

4. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Two minutes later, at 12:11 a.m. ET, the ESPN breaking news box appears to be fixed. Ah, now we can rest.

Brett Favre was traded to the New York Jets on Wednesday night. ESPN.com's Michael Smith confirmed the trade through a Jets source. The trade was first reported by Foxsports.com.

5. dargan

dargan Active Member

GREEN BAY TO GANG GREEN
    Jets trade rape Pack, won't matter

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I've been wondering who missed the story because of early deadlines. Now we know. :)

Seriously, though ... how many Eastern papers sent their sports section to plate/film before this trade broke? Given the current industry bloodletting, I'd guess more than a few.

And the Packers are still better than the J! E! T! S!

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

He'll still be one of the most scrutinized players this season because he's following in the great Favre shadows.
    Then again, with Favre in NYC and not Tampa Bay, the media storm will be much more focusedobsessed on the I'm retiring-I'm not retiring guy.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

On a complete side note, New Balance buying all the commercials for this SportsCenter is looking like a stroke of genius by them right now.

9. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Hell, I had to miss it and I'm in Central time. AP didn't send me a story with a mention of the trade until 11:05 but I already had everything in place and my deadline's 11.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

ESPN apparently forgot baseball is being played tonight. They're now showing Top 10 Favre moments. ::)

11. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Fitting that Favre can take his act to Broadway.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Don't you know the NFL is far more important than anything else in the world?

Draft saved Draft deleted