1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox Sports: Favre traded to Jets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by pressboxramblings07, Aug 6, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

O/U on the number of the ledes that read NEARLY 20 YEARS LATER, THE JETS FINALLY GOT FAVRE!: 787.3

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

He wants to be The Guy on Sunday. Does he want to be the guy in the film room for six hours each Thursday night getting ready for Sunday? I don't think he does.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Rodgers just took a long sigh of relief...

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Good, another Favre thread.. like we cant change headlines...

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And the Fox credit disappears from the screen as Michael Smith confirms the story.

6. patchs

patchs Active Member

So does the season opener at Miami become a nationally-televised game?

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Favre need to call Randy Johnson and get some pointers on how to deal with the NYC media and the Jets fans hounding his ass in the Meadowlands.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Headline:

FAVRE OUT
    Jets will still suck

9. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

I give ESPN props for giving credit to Fox for breaking the story on its Web site.

That's not to say Chris Mortensen won't step in and confirm it in about, oh, five minutes or so ... but it's a start for the WWL.

10. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

And Vikings fans rejoice for oh-so-many reasons.

11. times38

times38 Member

and of course this broke about three minutes after I put the section to bed.

12. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

OK, I take that back. Seems ESPN was in such a rush to let Michael Smith confirm the deal, that it could not even spell correctly.

Taken from the Breaking News box on ESPN.com at 12:08 a.m. ET:

Brett Favre was traded to the New York Jets on Wednesday night. ESPN.com's Michael Smith confirmed the trad, which was first reported by Foxsports.com, through a Jets source.

Draft saved Draft deleted