1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox Sports edgy columnist (Whitlock) - goes over the edge.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I don't remeber the last time I even heard the expression. I mean, with all those awards and all, I figured he could come up with something a little better than twerp.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Like patithitard.

3. gutenberg

gutenberg Guest

A co-worker recently told me this was the place for "professional" sports journalism chatter. Appears he was mistaken.

I made a comment and somebody twisted it and called him out on it. Deal with it.

Why are you guys insecure and feel so threatened? Hard to deal with pro athletes that way, isn't it?

Maybe the solution is to drop the anonymous B.S. and go by real names. I'm guessing some of you guys would act a little differently if there was a professional standard here.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Sonner certainly did extrapolate your post to a ridiculous extreme.

But how can you talk about professionalism given your name-calling reply?

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Nice to meet you, gutenberg.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

you have all those awards, so why wouldn't you use your real name?

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Your "comment" was a mean-spirited attack on a columnist that made fun of the way he looked and spelled and made fun of his name.

And then you whine about this place not being professional enough?

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Perhaps the Three Men and a Little Lady royalties have dried up...

9. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Agreed. But it was funny to see the irony in someone letting loose with a lame name-calling blast straight out of a "Leave it to Beaver" episode, then whine about "professionalism."

Classic.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Surprising that anybody could find something to criticize about a resume with 11 Grand Slam titles. Who wouldn't take that? I hope one of the Williams sisters wins a GS title in her 30s.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I expect both of them will, given the current state of women's tennis.

Also, just because Serena isn't built like Venus doesn't mean she's fat. She was fat when she showed up for the Aussie and blew through the field when she was ranked like 200th in the world in 2007. She ain't fat now. She has arms most men would kill for.

12. In fairness to your co-worker, he read the site before you posted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.