1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox Sports edgy columnist (Whitlock) - goes over the edge.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What place is it for Whitlock to criticize Serena? Maybe she doesn't want to be the best player who ever lived. Maybe she wants to play tennis at a high level, have outside endeavors beyond tennis, and just be a well-rounded person.

I can think of another athlete whose sole focus is on majors ... anybody ever hear of Tiger Woods? Nobody seems to criticize him for that. So why shouldn't Serena be able to focus on nothing but winning majors. She's not playing to win for people who watch the sport, she's playing to win for herself.

And I also loved the shirt during her Wimbledon presser.

2. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

She did win two championships at Wimbledon in a matter of hours, no? How many columns did he write in those couple of hours?

3. That would might be valid if Serena wasn't 28 years old. As far as tennis goes she is past her prime. And her career, were it to end today, would be pretty damn impressive, fat ass and all.

Funny, for a guy he whose supposeedly chiding her for the lack of a work ethic, there a lot of fat jokes in there. So it could be easily be mistaken as Whitlock having an issue with her weight.

4. gutenberg

gutenberg Guest

Don't put words in my mouth or twist the meaning of what I posted twerp.

Good luck covering the American Legion game tonight.

I can't wait until you are my beat competition. I will send a limo to get you each day so you won't have any excuses for why you quit showing up for your daily butt-whippings.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Ah, good to see we have a new troll on board.
    Nice work gutenberg.

Don't laugh too hard, Ryan.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Twerp? Did you really just call someone a twerp?

Wow, look everybody, he covers a beat. You must be proud douchebag.

7. gutenberg

gutenberg Guest

Call me a troll if that makes you feel better but I've got more APSEs than Serena has Wimbledon titles.

I just haven't spent the last two decades on anonymous message boards building up 24,000 posts or twisting what people said in this post.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

No, but that time you didn't spend here sure as hell didn't teach how to act like a decent human being.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

I am overwhlemed by your meaningless APSE Awards.

And after 40 years in the business, I know someone who's full of shit when I see him post.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Wow, another sanctimonious asshole comes in to tell us how much busier and better he is than everyone else here, calling names all the way. Piss off.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Congrats on those APSEs but you're still a pompous douchebag.

Keep patting yourself on the back, I imagine you don't have anybody else in your life that will.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

What just happened here. Was Sonner just called a twerp? I mean, he didn't finish the crabcake sandwich, but twerp seems a little juvenile to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.