1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox Sports 1: Another Murdoch propaganda foghorn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Are you saying Starman lacks nuance?

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I watched the FS1 highlight show once and it was like an SNL sketch of Sports Center. Forced catchphrases, overly loose, just awful.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Exactly right. I hated those two guys. But like thr story says, they're taking the worst aspects of ESPN. At least of SportsCenter. They don't have the hideous shows like First Take, His n Hers or Highly Questionable. Yet.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Live sports at off-peak hours, no matter what they are, is always awesome. It's part of the reason the NFL's London games are now tolerable and the first two rounds of the NCAA basketball tournament kick so much ass.
    Coming home at 1 or 2 a.m. on the weekend and catching some live Australian Rules Football or Aussie League soccer is strangely captivating. Seeing the sun shining while it's the middle of the night here, and thinking I might literally be the only one in the state watching that game at that very moment is an odd, odd sensation.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What's really odd is that SportsCenter isn't even SportsCenter anymore. The Van Pelt edition seems like it is morphing into a late-night talk show and the West Coast edition is doing bits and celebrity drop-ins. It's just odd.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I like the SVP version. And I despise Verrett and Everett as much or more than Onrait/OToole

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

FS2 on DirecTV is in a funny spot, up in the RSN tier in the 600s. Nowhere near where the other national sports channels are in the low 200s. You have to look hard to find it.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

This Canuickistani is glad FS1 took O'Toole and Onrait off our hands. Cut the comedy, just give me the fucking scores.

The Red Bull Crashed Ice show was mentioned up top, I know the guy who is the PBP voice for that series and know some guys who have tried out for it. Fun to watch, apparently it gets big crowds wherever they take it.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Sportscaster should show highlights from every game played in the NBA and NHL and all top 25 college basketball games. Once that is done, do the other shit.

They used to do that. Shit, do they even show half of the game highlights anymore?

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'm saying. I mean, get some distinguishable names, guys.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Neil Everett is the smarmiest, least likeable Sportscenter anchor this side of Berman.

BDC99 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted