1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox rental cars: Buy or sell?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Omar_dont_scare, May 23, 2009.

1. Hoping some SportsJournalists.commers out west can help me on Fox rental cars.

We've never heard of them but Mrs. Omar found a deal offering a convertible for our Arizona/Vegas jaunt for about the same price for a compact on Alamo.

Any first-hand reviews?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fox like TV Fox?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You can't go wrong with a Rupert Murdoch owned company.

One problem with the Fox cars iis that they will not turn left.

4. https://www.foxrentacar.com/Default.aspx

Don't think they're affiliated with the Murdoch-opoly, sorry to spoil all the jokes.

5. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Sometimes it's a hassle to get to some of those "no-name" outfits because they have fewer courtesy buses to get to them. Which won't be that much of an issue in Vegas because most of the rental cars are close to the terminal. Can't speak to Arizona (presuming Phoenix).

Never rented from them. But I have heard of them, and haven't heard anything bad.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Never heard of these guys, but then judging by their pickup locations, it's mostly a western company.

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Fox News tie or no, that's a solid joke right there.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm in Arizona and I've never heard of them.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If Fox does not work out try Acme Car Company

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I know I'm totally biased, but I can't stop laughing.

11. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Not to turn all serious, but ...

I have rented from Fox three times in California and have been happy each time. One was for a drive along the coast in which I picked up in one market, dropped in another. The other two were pickup/drop at same off-airport location. All three went smoothly, with minimal counter time and no attempts to ferret out some bumper dent and blame me for it.

The rates were by far the best from those I shopped and, in fact, drove my decision the first two times. Third time, I was coming back to them out of a budding brand loyalty. Had Chrysler products each time (300s, Charger) and they were clean and reliable cars.

They charge you kind of funky -- put a $150 charge on my card at time of pickup and then, after returning, apply a credit to get it down to the actual price. But it all comes out in the wash if both transactions hit the same billing cycle, so who cares?

I wound up wishing they had Fla. locations on a recent trip.

12. Can get a nicer car from Fox for the same price for a compact from Alamo. Tempting...

Thanks for the tip, Joe.

Draft saved Draft deleted