1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FOX, please fire Jeannie Zelasko

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 85bears, Jul 15, 2006.

1. 85bears

85bears Member

She serves absolutely no purpose on the pregame and postgame shows on Saturday. In fact, she's more of an annoyance than anything.

But today she hit rock bottom.

In regards to reporting on a possible Bonds' indictment, Kevin Kennedy said something about Barry keeping his focus on the field, where it should be.

Jeannie follows with: "I thought this was America - innocent until proven guilty."

Please fire her.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I thought this was "Reality."

Things are not always as they seem -- but they usually are.

3. 85bears

85bears Member

What are we supposed to do, Jeannie honey, not report on a fucking potential indictment???????

4. As long as you use the word "potential," no.
    And as long as you make clear that an indictment is not proof, no.
    But neither of those is likely to happen.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This will be Pedro Gomez' time to shine. All those months on the daily Barry Beat is going to finally pay off.

I'm tivo'ing Sportscenter tonight. I'm sure based on his months on the beat Pedro will provide a unique perspective tonight.

6. 85bears

85bears Member

Jeannie Velasko is an airhead idiot who was trying to spout some seventh-grade civics b.s. to explain away a very important news story. I can handle the defenses of Bonds by guys like you and Whitlock, even if I may disagree, because you try to back it up with an argument. People who spout "innocent until proven guilty" like they're some kind of constitutional scholar just get under my skin.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

That's Fox in a nutshell.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

She didn't hit rock bottom.. she's been there for a long time.. this is just another notch

9. estreetband75

estreetband75 Member

In the "bad" department, Kevin Kennedy is a close second to Zalesko. To think that's the World Series studio/pregame team is like having Stew Scott and Sean Salisbury on NBC instead of Costas and C'worth.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

However, when you realize that Kennedy is a jock turned talking head and Zelasko has always been a talking head, the gap between the two is a chasm

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

In the postgame show, she said something like, "Well, that will quiet the 'Fire Joe Torre' talk." Um, what "Fire Joe Torre" talk? What the hell was she talking about? She then topped that by saying the media had "transcended on the Bay Area" after the latest Barry Bonds talk. It's "descended" you dimwit.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe her pregnancy siphoned off cells destined for her brain to other locations....

Draft saved Draft deleted