1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox on Oprah

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Mar 31, 2009.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Michael J. Fox is on Oprah, right now, and he looks terrible. That disease is REALLY taking its toll on him.

He's in almost constant motion.

Man, that sure is sad. He's always been one of my favorites.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Haven't seen him in a while, but last time he was in rough shape. I give the guy all the credit in the world for putting himself out there, openly and honestly. You rarely see that from celebrities.

3. KG

KG Active Member

I missed it. I meant to at least record it. I know he was supposed to be on there for public awareness reasons. It's sad to see anyone in bad shape, especially those we remember for their spunk back in the day.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I am still stunned at how well he pulled off that episode in Scrubs despite having this disease.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

That was a long time ago, unfortunately, and it seems as if it's gotten much worse since then.

That was a remarkable episode, how Bill Lawrence managed to make it not about Michael J. Fox' disease and all about it at the same time.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He's faking it. /Limbaugh

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Can't wait to see him on "Rescue Me"

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Who is he playing on that?

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Apparently the new boyfriend of Leary's ex-wife. And from the previews, it looks like he's in a wheelchair for the role.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm putting off calling my cable company to tell them I've been getting extra channels for the last month because I want to catch the season-opening episode next week, and possibly a few more after that.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

If you're not paying for the channels, why would you tell them?

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Dear Cable Provider:

I hereby demand that you either discontinue the extra channels I've been getting for the last month or increase my bill.

Thank you,
    pallister

Draft saved Draft deleted