1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox News To Blame For .......

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I believe it's an ancient Aztec ruin.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sad to hear, but fair enough.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Attend a cocktail party in San Francisco ... or Austin, TX, or Chapel Hill, NC ...

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't hate George Bush. I was embarrassed that he was representing our country.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You mean sit around a bong in one of those places?

6. doctorquant

Sorry, I run with an older, more boring crowd ... :)

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

A falafel came between you?

8. Exactly. The late political columnist Molly Ivins wrote that there was no politician she would rather sit down and have a beer with than George W. She just thought he was a lousy governor and lousy president.

The hatred -- and that's the word -- for Obama is deeper than personal. It crosses racial and religious lines, and on one of those two counts is factually incorrect.

9. doctorquant

I think it's awfully easy -- too easy, in fact -- to look at opposition to this President and conclude it's not only political but personal. Then, since you've concluded it's personal, it's too easy to say that only racial/religious animus would underpin such emotions. Although, out of deference to my wife, I tend to keep my political feelings to myself, I can assure you that there was hate aplenty in those locales to which I referred.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2012/03/the_media_shouldn_t_apologize_for_reporting_what_voters_actually_say_.html

Most voter ignorance, if it was cured by logic and reason and long sessions of NPR, would be replaced by the same voter preferences, justified in different ways. There are Mississippi Republicans who hate Obama because they think he’s a Muslim. Take that away, and they’ll hate him because they’re conservatives and he isn’t. Only 11 percent of Mississippi whites voted for Barack Obama, but only 14 percent voted for John Kerry. These aren’t people who’ll change their minds if they fully grokked the president’s bio.

That is why ignorant voters don’t get to swing a presidential election.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I thought Bush was a terrible president and I disagreed with most of his policies.

But a lot of these Fox Newsies say on air that Obama is purposely trying to tear down America.

It's like The Walking Dead and they are hoping if they yell anti-Obama things loud enough, their zombie hordes will converge on Washington.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

On the flip side, most people who are racist don't think/admit they are racist.

Draft saved Draft deleted