1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox News To Blame For .......

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Obama's negative ratings with white males.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/74181.html

"President Barack Obama blamed Fox News for his political woes in a private meeting with labor leaders in 2010, saying he was “losing white males” who tune into the cable outlet and “hear Obama is a Muslim 24/7,” according to journalist David Corn’s new book, “Showdown.”

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Would you not feel the same way if there was a cable television network dedicated to taking you down and willing to say anything to do so?

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

This sounds . . . correct.

4. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

I'm guessing the president meant white males over a certain age because FNC skews older. Alas, only someone predisposed to despising any Democrat would tune into FNC in the first place, so it is a self-selecting thing probably more than an influence thing.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They are also responsible for Bush v Gore, the Iraq war and global warming.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think it's weird to hate somebody the way that a lot of grass roots Republicans hate Barack Obama. Like John McCain said to the crazy woman at the campaign rally, he's an American and good family man with whom they happen to disagree with on some issues.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

TINMHITTMAL

8. Boom_70

Really not a lot different to how liberals hated George Bush. In fact I think Republican hate of Obama is a lot milder and not universal.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think it's weird to hate anybody personally, particularly an elected officially or aspiring elected official, just because you disagree with them politically.

10. Boom_70

The hate for Obama seems more political than personal. The hate for Bush seemed more personal.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think you are way off on that one.

Live a year in the South and see if you have the same opinion.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

?

Draft saved Draft deleted