1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox News says the Muppets are Commies

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Why are there so many songs about rainbows?

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Daphne won't give it up to Freddie unless he pretends he's Che Guevara.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The gay agenda.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Oscar the Grouch not only trashes his residence, he also belongs on Hoarders.

5. dooley_womack1

Mr. Hooper's store is where the Central Committee meets

6. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

To those who saw the movie, did it appear the patriotic bird's post-muppet show job was something like a send up of Fox news? I guess it could be any cable news network, but its graphics, etc., looked Foxian to me (and I watch very little cable news, so I may be a poor judge of this sort of thing).

7. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

I thought the same thing, Yodel.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

A small business owner would support Communists?

9. dooley_womack1

Maybe he rented out the space. Or maybe Mr. Hooper was given his own dachau.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Twitterverse doing some excellent work under #GOPMuppetHearings.

"Let me phrase it in a way you can understand: Elmo love redistribute incomes?"

http://mashable.com/2011/12/06/gop-muppet-hearings/

11. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Sam The Eagle was host of a show called "Everything Stinks!" in the movie.

The funny thing is he has always been a lampoon of this type of silly conservative cultural yelling. He was the self-appointed censor of The Muppet Show and always criticized Kermit for booking acts that were not "clean, wholesome entertainment." He almost always criticized the guest hosts for not meeting his standards -- old episodes with Alice Cooper, Elton John and Liberace are particularly humorous in the regard.

There are also episodes where he speaks out against conservation -- until Kermit points out Sam is an endangered species -- and nudity -- until it is pointed out that Sam wears no clothing.

Needless to say, he'd be delighted with Fox News' take. And they probably wouldn't understand he's making fun of them.

12. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

I remember watching those old shows with my dad when I was a young child, so I didn't catch all that. Glad I wasn't the only one seeing it. I just thought "Everything Stinks" sounds like the artificial angry shows that litter Fox News. Full disclosure, I am conservative on most issues, but I can't stand Fox News.

Draft saved Draft deleted