1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox News says the Muppets are Commies

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Dec 5, 2011.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Who woulda thunk that the world is a place with good people and bad people and that they make for movie plots?

Frank Capra must have been a secret communist; the kind of self-hater who made government anti-communist propaganda films.

Using the logic in that clip, the only way he could have come up with Mr. Potter as his villain (an evil Dick Cheney-like banker) and George Bailey as his good guy (lets people slide on their mortgages, gives money to Violet, lectures Potter about the whole world revolving around him and his money, even though he's just a scurvy little spider) is if the movie was meant to indoctrinate people into ways only that idiot on Fox News understands.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That whole building-and-loan scam sounded pretty socilistic to me.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sesame Street is socilist! The nerve of them! They teach children how to share.

And Mr. Rogers is a commie. He wants kids to think for themselves, instead of having a couple of oligarchs telling them what to think.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You think a tenet of communism is thinking for yourself? I thought it was about submitting your individualism for the good of the group. In theory or in practice, it has never been about thinking for yourself.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Ragu beat me to it.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right. I typed the wrong thing. I meant "anarchist".

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I thought Ronnie Raygun killed Communism.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No similarities at all...

[​IMG]

Instead, this time we have a "news" organization enabling this behavior. If that does not scare people, I don't know what will.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Wasn't it actually said on something called Fox Business Network?

10. vicd

vicd Active Member

Walt Disney would be rolling over in his freezer if he knew that his company was promoting communism, especially since he went to all the trouble of having his animators black listed when they asked for a living wage back in the '50's.

11. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

"No one familiar with the history of this country can deny that green felt puppetry has been enormously popular. It is necessary to entertain as well as educate. But the line between reporting and sensationalism is a very fine one and the awful Australian has stepped over it repeatedly."

Edward R. Murrow "See It Now" (March 9, 1954)

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ooooh, a Bobby Kennedy housepet!

Kiss, kiss, Roy Cohn, kiss, kiss.

Draft saved Draft deleted