1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox News refers to Michelle Obama as Barack's "Baby Mama"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ah, the benefits of marrying "well", eh, John?

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What's worse, is after the fact it happened, they keep splashing the quote on the bottom of the screen.

Basic PR: If you want something to go away and be forgotten, stop talking about it.

----

If "Baby Mama" is ok, how about "Beelzebulb" for Cheney?

3. So people actually made a huge issue of the flag pin thing? I try to avoid cable TV screamfests as much as possible - I get most of my national news from the NYT and Time magazine.

So I just read references to these "controversies," attributed to something like "right-wing TV and radio hosts."

But people actually devote segments to whether Obama wears a flag pin?

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sure and some of the brighter lights at SportsJournalists.com comment on it.

See OT's thread on "Obama and the Teleprompter." You'll see the right wing pundits flailing away at the issue.

They have no shame.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Total lack of class, and it doesn't matter to whom they were referring. Plain and simple.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Unlike Hitler, Fox News wasn't good at first.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well, if you believe the Fox News documentary (Trust me, most of you would love it...) the other networks only began calling the 2000 election for Bush after Fox News did it.

So to quote Obi Wan... "Who is more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows?"

8. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

The worst case scenario for Fox News: Jane Skinner (aka, Mrs. Roger Goddell) is the one who drops the N-bomb. That said, she's probably the least likely of their talking heads to do that.

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Were they calling it for Bush before Election Day?

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And that relates to the "baby mama" quote how?

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Daily kos and others of their ilk calling Bush Hitler is a bit worse than Baby Momma.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, unlike Hitler, Bush wasn't good at first, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted