1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox News doesn't taste the Onion...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by NoOneLikesUs, Apr 30, 2007.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

...on the ham sandwich.

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/27/fox-parody/

2. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

It would seem Fox News has lost its credibility.

Wait a minute ... this just in -- that cupboard has been bare for a while.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

A new low? Hell, they can do worse than that!

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Not a big Fox News fan, as I have noted previously. But it's starting to be a pretty good list of media outlets that have gotten burned by Onion reports.

I am reminded of the admonition that those of us in glass houses, etc., etc.

5. Gold

Gold Active Member

If everybody - and I mean everybody - working in the newsroom at Fox can't figure out that The Onion is satire, that is beyond embarrassment.

6. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

It wasn't done by The Onion. It was on a site called Associated Content, which is supposedly similar to The Onion.

And the Fox guy was right, he wasn't making it up. He was just a dumbass.

7. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Ugh. After a little more reading, the "Parody" site adds quotes and details to AP stories, leaving the AP bylines on them.

8. skippy05

skippy05 Member

Is it any worse than Congressmen still not being aware that anyone from the Daily Show or Colbert Report is doing a parody interview?

9. for_the_hunt

for_the_hunt Member

Excuse the mini-rant ... but I couldn't be happier Fox News' "journalism" was finally unmasked for the cut-and-paste job it is.

I work at a college newspaper, and we had an interesting article about our student government president (he basically went on record and said anyone who voted for him was an idiot ...) a few months ago. Fox News picked it up --- which would be fine, if they didn't use OUR photos and lift OUR quotes directly from the stories without ever asking.
    You can tell they didn't do any of their own research. As a college newspaper [how can I put a line through college?], we don't have money. So, we couldn't hire any lawyers despite the fact they used about three photos and their monologue was virtually straight from the article.

Good to see they've been thoroughly embarrassed. Thanks for cheering me up, NoONe.

10. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Mind posting that article if possible?

I'd appreciate it.

11. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Get used to it. Local TV does that crap all the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted