1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox News anchor sticks it to Shirley Phelps

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Yeah, we should just ignore JDV.

Oh wait, wrong thread.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've interviewed members of the Phelps family and they are indeed nuts and publicity whores. They kind of work for me in a satirical sort of way ranting about how God hates certain people. Showing how religion can be used to hurt people. They just happen to be louder and more vulgar than most. But their publicity seeking reached an all-time low when they appeared on a "Howard Stern Show" take-off of the family feud against gay drag queens.

3. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

What can I say, Diabeetus. You gave me inspiration. As far as the whole Phelps thing, I think Louisville Sluggers are in order. All for free speech, but won't shed a tear when they're digging splinters out of their tonsils.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

These people have heard it all...some Fox News hoser going off on them is nothing new, and barely registers a blip on their radar.

They are attention whores in the truest sense. Any attention is OK with them.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'm guessing they never showed up in Blacksburg.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The Phelps clan airs the thoughts Bill O'Reilly struggles to keep to himself.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I find it hard to distinguish Phelps' fuckheads from the Ann Coulter supporters

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

You know, I was with the Phelps lady until she called the anchor a bimbo. That was pretty uncalled for.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Nancy Grace would have reached through the camera and pulled out her lungs through her vagina

Draft saved Draft deleted