1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox News anchor sticks it to Shirley Phelps

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Jun 11, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

And rightly so. If more people would go off on this whacko instead of hiding behind the "well, it's her right to speak" logic, maybe she'd not get the attention she does.
    It's the crap that comes of out her mouth and there is no place for it.

http://homepage.mac.com/mkoldys/iblog/C168863457/E20060610225829/

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Mr. and Mrs. Phelps should die the same way Gene Simmons' character died in Runaway.

3. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

There was an awfully lot of rambling but I couldn't tell who's view was what? Just a lot of personal attacking.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

If more people went off on them, Markvid, they'd get more attention. And more satisfaction.

I don't think they've gotten *a lot* of attention. When they were in the area for a funeral a few months back there was a passing mention on the TV station and an article in the paper, but that's it. It's not like people are doing centerpieces on them daily.

And we do live in a democracy, so they do have a right to say it -- even though 99.9 percent of the people in the U.S. think it's a disgusting crock.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Somebody needs to go off on their heads with a dozen ball bats. THAT would solve the problem.

They have the right to say it, all right -- and then be beaten into the dirt for it.

They wanna keep saying it, fine. Louisville Slugger makes a lot of ball bats.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

She looks like Carrie's mother. And just as crazy.

7. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

You wonder why this hasn't happened yet.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

THEY'RE ALL GONNA LAUGH AT YOU!

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I like my suggestion more --- less effort.

Of course, it's going to take BYH checking this thread to get it explained.

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Testing...

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

12. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

You need a pic of Wilford Brimley instead of the kitty, Diabeetus. That said, I could do better than a question mark.

Draft saved Draft deleted