1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox, Islam, Jesus ... Fail.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You're kidding, right? Couric's interview with Palin was precisely the kind of interview Palin, by then, had come to deserve after saying so many ludicrous and inflammatory things. She earned the snobbiest pollyanna in the class, teeing her up. It revealed Palin for the dangerous buffoon she was and is.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What was so hard about being asked what newspapers she read? I'd have hated to see how she would have reacted under pressure from our enemies when she was so afraid of a mere question about newspapers.

3. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

I can see logical fallacy from my house.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It WAS a condescending question that would have put Couric in place by just saying - "We DO get the Internet in Alaska Katie," and then saying the NY Times, the Washington Post...of course, then it would have been cut from the interview.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Nice

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I heard this author on ATC a couple of days ago. It was really interesting.

http://www.npr.org/2013/07/15/198040928/christ-in-context-zealot-explores-the-life-of-jesus

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The saddest part is that the Fox interviewer had clearly not read the book.

Another Fox Fraud.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Nobody reads the books when they have the author on. At best, they'll have read the sections a producer or intern has highlighted for them and perhaps read a few reviews, a good one and a bad one, to be able to ask some reasonable questions.
    The sad thing about the interview is that Aslan has an interesting story to tell. His family fled the Iranian Revolution, he became an evangelical Christian in his teens and then he went back to Islam. And he taught at a Catholic High School.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Fox is not news. It's entertainment. And this entertainer was trying to entertain their fans by jabbing at the man with the brown skin.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I'm still puzzled why all the hot anchor chicks are conservatives instead of moderates or liberals.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

But CNN and MSNBC are bastions of news-gathering skills and ethics...

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

CNN is the only one that seems to employ actual reporters to go out in the field and cover anything.

MSNBC's idea of coverage seems to be to run video tape of a plane crash shot by some affiliate and spend the rest of the day and night with a few airhead anchors conversing with their own in-house "experts" --- most of whom seem to be media types themselves --- glorifying the liberals and bashing the conservatives. It's gotten so damn predictable, day after day and night after night I don't even bother to watch anymore.

Tune it tonight to see Chris Hayes, Rachel "lesbian" Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell remind you how wonderful Obama and the Democrats are and how great America would be if those mean-spirited, evil Republicans in Congress would just shut up and get in line like a bunch of loyal puppies. Now, that may or may not be true. But even if it is, there's a limit to how much of this mindless dribble the average viewer can take.

Fox News is about the same, albeit from the other side of the agenda. "Obama is terrible and the Tea Party will save America." Same shit every stinkin' day.

These "news" stations need to get some real reporters to cover some real news.

Draft saved Draft deleted