1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox Interactive Media -- FOXSports.com

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by somebody, Apr 7, 2008.

1. somebody

somebody New Member

Fox Interactive Media (FIM), a division of News Corporation, is seeking an Editor to work on a series of dynamic and innovative projects.

Responsibilities:
    One of the Internet's fastest-growing sports sites is looking for talented self-starters and team players to serve as editors in its Los Angeles newsroom. Editors are part of the team responsible for editing and updating content for the FOXSports.com site and implementing daily content packages and live event coverage. Other responsibilities include copy editing and headline writing under deadline conditions, monitoring wire feeds and other outside sources to ensure that the latest sports news is represented on the site while ensuring that all content is grammatically correct and factually accurate. This position also offers opportunities to generate new content ideas, features and other enhancements to the site.

Requirements:
    4+ years of editorial experience required, preferably in the online medium
    Top candidates will have strong communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to prioritize projects under tight deadlines.
    Proven sports knowledge that lends itself to sound news judgment required.
    BS/BA in Journalism, English or a related degree strongly preferred.
    Must also have strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required. Some knowledge of Photoshop and HTML strongly preferred.

Apply at fimcareers.com or foxcareers.com.

(Note: HR department reports a glitch in posting this opening, and hopes to resolve today).

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Re: Fox Interactive Media

link?

3. mdpoppy

mdpoppy Member

If I recall correctly, Fox Interactive Media owns all the Scout.com -- or at least has some sort of partnership.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Myspace too.

5. 1440

1440 New Member

Not a bad place to put in some time, but don't expect it to be a place to launch your path to stardom. You won't need food stamps, but the pay is underwhelming for a place like Los Angeles. Your spot is your spot, don't expect a promotion or a raise. There is a ton of turnover.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't waste your time. I will guarantee you this is filled from within.

7. somebody

somebody New Member

http://www.foxcareers.com

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yeah. I got that much the first time. I'll just scroll through the jobs for the Fox Soccer Channel and Myspace and post the link for everyone.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

139 jobs listed under Fox Interactive media.

I don't feel like searching through 12 pages; the first of which is a bunch of jobs for myspace.

10. sportsed

sportsed Member

Heard from a credible source that this job has been filled.
    A credible source has confirmed that this job has been filled. No word on who was hired, though another edit position is expected to open up in the summer.

Draft saved Draft deleted