1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox: Fair and Balanced and when it comes to Asians and sports, a little racist

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Get it? Soooo funny! Because white people in Colorado and Utah will find Asian USC students talking about football really hil-rar-ious.

http://deadspin.com/5837054/fox-sports-does-humiliating-whiteface-routine

I look forward to the lead columnist at Fox Sports doing the damn thing and taking on his own web site. Work them corners, yo.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"Let's give the conference's newest members a good old-fashioned *ALL-AMERICAN* (leering pasty-faced buzzcut fratboy grin) welcome by paying a visit to USC ..."

OHhhhhhhhhh I get it!!! Because they AREN'T REALLY AMERICANS!!!!

Snigger, snigger, snigger!!!!

Oh, and while we're at it let's go talk to.... you know, "those people" who live outside the walls.

P.S. Microphone boy: Next time you see one of those "low testosterone" ads, maybe you should jot down the number, if your shrill giggling girlish squeal is any indication. Tee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee!!!!

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's really surprising Fox hasn't hired the "Ching Chong Ling Long" girl from UCLA yet. Blonde, big tits, race-baiting ... what's not to like?

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

This couldn't have possibly aired. No fucking way. I can't believe anyone even put that together as a production room joke.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Well they have apologized and pulled the video

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

As usual.

We are so so so sorry if anyone was offended by our blatant racism.

But why is everyone always so touchy? We remember in the good ole days you could call people c***ks and sl**ts and n***ers and s**cks and everybody just laughed. We want our countree back.

7. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Wow. This is a guy I would love to get a shot at.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Well I guess Fox Sports California could head out to Utah and dare everyone to drink caffeine. And you really, really don't want to know what I came up with for Colorado.

9. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

WTF was that????

10. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Somebody really needs to lose their job.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I still can't believe this was done as anything more than a poorly, poorly executed parody. How did this even get put together, beyond a discussion in some conference room where presumably someone should have told some idiot that the idea wasn't funny, not even a little bit?

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

As the cable universe has expanded, the talent and intelligence requirements have gotten so low that things like this are almost unavoidable. It's a style-over-substance world; at the top there might be both, but when you get to a job like this one you're very lucky to find a person with one or the other, and substance will never win that contest.

Draft saved Draft deleted