1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox drops the ball

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by fishhack2009, Jan 16, 2010.

1. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

FOX News: O'Reilly, Beck, Palin, Hume.

MSNBC: Olbermann, Maddow, Matthews.

Both sides have their "agendas." Personally, I think O'Reilly and Beck ask important questions that others fail to raise in many cases. Both can be too much to handle sometimes.

Honestly, I'd like to see more focus on the issues and fewer pissing contests between both sides.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

And no corresponding "ask drunk farmerjerome" thread? Fail! :D

3. Paper Guy

Paper Guy Member

wow...didnt even notice it had been closed...i used to go over there now and then, but it was too painful to watch...hope the mods dont let this board get that far too :\

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Outing alert: Fishhack is Todd Donoho.

5. MrBSquared

MrBSquared Member

Fishhack reminds me of this lawyer friend of mine. He "tweets" all day about how wrong and how much he hates conservatives -- because they are so intolerant.

Hello, pot -- meet kettle ...

6. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Gee, that was original.

Actually, I'm got plenty of conservative friends. We agree to disagree and still go out for wings.

Don't let get facts in the way of easy assumptions, however.

7. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

That's about right.
    From reading the post it's goes along with similar third-grade antics Fish has displayed here. Say something. When proven wrong, or come to the realization no one agrees with you, including those who should, you call your friend ugly or say you were joking ("this is why I started the thread (not your reason)", "lighten up Francis").

8. Hackwilson191

Hackwilson191 Member

Maybe we should just stick to CNN then ....

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Somehow I doubt you talk to them face-to-face the way you talk to conservatives here. If you do, I'm betting your emergency room bills are a bit above the U.S. average.

10. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

Anderson Cooper and Larry King come to mind ...

11. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Thanks for stopping by with your standard contribution: Nothing, except for unintentional comedy.

With your long, undistinguished track record here, you're the last guy who should be commenting on how one talks to others.

Draft saved Draft deleted