1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FOX Broadcasting defends serial drunken driver

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Wheel Gunner, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Wheel Gunner

Wheel Gunner Member

A rep for Twentieth Century Fox and the FOX Broadcasting Group issued this statement: "Today our friend Kiefer Sutherland resolved his criminal case at the earliest opportunity. Kiefer made clear to us at the time of his arrest that his first concern was the welfare of those he worked with and that he intended to do whatever was necessary to prevent shutting down the show because of his situation. He told us that even if he had to sacrifice more time in custody in order to protect the show and the jobs of those who work with him, he would do so. From what occurred today, it is evident he is a man of his word. We wish him well and look forward to a long relationship with him."

It’s outrageous that FOX would go out of the way to support this thug criminal. How stupid do you have to be to get four alcohol related convictions when you are rich and can afford a full time driver? He should be fired immediately or at least suspended indefinitely from the show until he gets his life straight. He portrays an American hero on TV a role model for America’s youth. The question should not be when he gets to play Jack Bauer again but if. But once again money is more important than values. This sends the signal that these spoiled overpaid actors who have been coddled all of their lives can get away with anything.

Despite wide spread media reports including video and photographic evidence of drug use celebrities such as Lindsey Lohan, Britney Spears and Paris Hilton are rarely prosecuted and when they are get away with little jail time. Why hasn’t the local prosecutor taken action? What relationship does that office have with the Hollywood establishment? If the local prosecutor won’t do the job the feds need to get involved. A legal expert I talked to said rarely used federal felony conspiracy charges could be brought against the above trio if it can be shown that they acted in concert to consume drugs and endanger lives by driving intoxicated.

K. C. Star columnist Jason Whitlock when asked for comment said “the Hollywood community needs to take a long hard look at themselves and their values and stop blaming outside forces for their decadent partying lifestyle.”

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

He is (hiccup) srunnning slout of (burp) thyme (vomit).

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Just rename the show .24

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Quality.

"The following takes place between mixed drinks three and five."

5. Wheel Gunner

Wheel Gunner Member

well played

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Outstanding. Sutherland is just another example of why I don't give a shit about whatever happens in SoCal outside of Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium & Petco Park.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I don't disagree with the post, but what on earth does this have to do with anything?

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yet you feel compelled to post on every thead about Hollywood types to tell us that you don't give a shit. Tells me that you do, in fact, give a shit.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

How DARE you doubt the omnipotence of the Godlock!

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I bow to that.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Of course Fox will defend Kiefer. He plays a character who is considered God by the right. If Fox didn't, it would have to answer to Billo.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Um, no he doesn’t. The guy isn’t playing a role model. He’s playing an anti-hero type of character that gets to blow shit up and beat the crap out of people that he just knows are bad.

I think it sucks that he keeps getting in a car when he’s loaded, but let’s not turn this into some sort “Will somebody think about the children!” type of story here.

Draft saved Draft deleted