1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fourth of July plans?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What's everyone doing? We're taking the kiddies, and our friends' kiddies, to town fireworks tonight. Tomorrow basically an all-day cookout.

The highlight for me is always blasting one of the few playlists that includes both Lee Greenwood and "Fortunate Son."

Love this holiday. Love summer.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Kind of disappointed CBS won't be showing Boston's Pops Goes the Fourth. Especially this year.

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Unfortunately, my plans have changed from a traditional cookout/beer/fireworks Fourth to probably watching it rain. Our area is under flood warning starting this evening through sometime Friday. It has already been raining for about the last three hours. Outside or inside, doesn't matter. It's still the Fourth. #Merica

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Going to visit my brother, then coming back to my folks' house. I went grocery shopping today (their fridge is not exactly Weight Watchers-friendly) so if we cook out I have some 95 percent fat-free hot dogs. Otherwise, a baby spinach/strawberry/chicken salad.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

If it's not pouring rain, I'll light the smoker at about 0530 for some ribs, a butt and a chicken. My latest batch of homebrew is ready to drink, so I have a five-gallon keg of a nut brown ale to work on. It'll be a good day, most likely cloudy here until later in the afternoon as we're on the western edge of the projected rain.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Open the gallery, put in the Grateful Dead, bring down a bunch of food and enjoy the kind of people who enjoy walking around Vermont art galleries.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Tempted to drive to Pittsburgh tomorrow to watch the Indians' World Series opponent in their beautiful ballpark.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That's not a weird juxtaposition. John Fogerty and Creedence Clearwater Revival get lumped in with country all the time now.

As for my plans, I will be working tonight, working tomorrow and working Friday. I might see some friends Saturday.

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

10. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Wife's nephew and family just bought a new house out in the country with a nice-sized pond in the back, so we're going out there to eat bbq and watermelon, then shoot off a lot of fireworks.

11. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I'm working but will be curious listener of the police scanner.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Even without flying helicopters in a mountainous was zone, three_bags might be the most masculine guy on this entire board based on this post alone.

Draft saved Draft deleted