1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Four years later, he comes home.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Fucking Idiot, fine child. Call me whatever you want.
    The pathetic one ignores the history of information built during previous administrations and blames the reigning presidency and the party that Mo Udall wanted to run against, whose efforts showed what left-fringe liberals did to what was the mainstream of the Democratic Party by holding to their agenda.

You should have taken a hint then, Fenian. You might have planted the seeds that changed the 80s. Instead, thankfully, we got Reagan. You guys helped ruin Carter.

So I'll ask again, as I have before, What did Clinton's intelligence say?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

http://www.slate.com/id/2102243/

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Question -- is there any way we can talk about how sad this story is without turning it into another political buttfuckery exhibition? Seriously, I think everyone has their positions pretty well entrenched at this point.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I was just giving my buddy Yawn a little prod. Apologies. I'll stop now.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Where Mystery were you about 30 threads ago when this was posted:

"Go fuck yourself, Mr. Cheney."

Or is this just another lameass attempt at jumping in and crying "foul" when I come in?

I paid my condolences.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Not pointed at anyone in particular. Just that there's got to be a way to talk war or other newsiness without it turning into a Balkanized shouting orgy. Or, barring that, new things to yell at the least.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Since I still can't use the quote function, Yawnie, this is in response to you dismissing every effort Bill Richardson ever made.

You know, you're right. Isn't al-Bashir living in the White House now? Pretty sure Kim Jong-Il's measuring for new drapes, while Raul Castro tracks mud through the West Wing.

Maybe, <i> just maybe </i>, there's room in the world for just a teensy, weensy little bit of diplomacy and nuanced interaction.

Nah, you're right. Better just leave 'em there. Hell, they volunteered to go to Colombia, right?

8. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

And I'll say again, as I have before: A president who takes a country to war in 2003 based on 1998 intelligence should be impeached on the spot.

And with that '98 intelligence, Clinton initiated the bombing campaign -- your side, if you'll remember, was more focused on a stained blue dress and yelling "Wag the dog!" at the time -- that, UN inspectors verified later, disarmed Saddam.

Why did Colin Powell and Condi Rice claim, in early 2001, that Saddam was "in his box" and not a threat? Because the intelligence at the time supported it.

Clinton was too busy getting blown and let Saddam fester as a threat! Funny how we stopped hearing that from the drooling talk-radio retards on the right after no WMD were found.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Mystery Meat, I believe your question has been answered.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Just when I thought there wouldn't be a single person who wouldn't be moved by this story.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Well, swallow this Joe. Obummer is going to be a huge disappointment when he finds himself committed to an Iraq strike force, or is he just confused?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/04/obamas_magical_strike_force.asp

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Depressing that there's one nimrod who isn't moved by this story.

Draft saved Draft deleted