1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Four years later, he comes home.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Mar 31, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

No matter what side of the political spectrum you're on, no matter how you feel about the war, this is heartbreaking.

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"So?"

3. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

every one of these stories is just devastating

4,000 and counting

they're just kids with so much ahead of them

and all for what?

for an insane President and his sick cronies and their needless war

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And you unfortunately also have those who will casually throw out the "they volunteered" defense, overlooking the actual losses.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

One of the postulators of the "they volunteered" defense.

They didn't volunteer for three tours of duty, lardbucket.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

how rich that is, coming from the king of the deferment.

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I think that Mississippi doctor on the Spike Lee Katrina documentary said it best when he said, on live television, "Go fuck yourself, Mr. Cheney."

EDIT: Here's the CNN clip:

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

It's indeed sad.

But since this has turned into yet another Bush is shit-Cheney is shit and thus the thread has been hijacked already, I'll take it a step further.

Your man Obama - does he sit down with al-Sadr and eat sweets, talk about the old Muslim school days and suddenly, there's a Kumbayah moment and we're top trading partners? You really think that's going to happen? Who's our best working ally over there? Who does it become when we cut and run? Oh wait. That gets back to the original question regarding Obama, al-Sadr and a sugar social.

Peer into a left-wing future in the White House and tell us what happens next.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

You sound like the guy who told me and my friends, as we were celebrating Bill Clinton's first election, that we were all going to get drafted and sent to Bosnia within the next year. Didn't happen, and not only that, we had eight years of peace and prosperity.

Let's let it play out. Whatever happens, it probably can't get much worse ... can it?

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I'm in Cincy now, and it's the top story on the news stations and in the Cincy Enquirer.

No matter how you feel about this, it is sad.

Draft saved Draft deleted