1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Four-year-old sued

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rusty Shackleford, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Did anyone read the story? Two 4-year-olds and their parents were sued. The kids were racing bikes under the supervision of their mothers and ran into an 87-year-old woman, knocking her down and breaking her hip. She died 3 months later.

I'd say the parents were negligent. They should have had a better handle on where the kids were riding.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The parents should be sued to the fucking moon.

Keep your animals under control.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

This post made me laugh, and I enjoy it even more when I saw that you signed up to post it. Well done.

4. timbo slice

timbo slice New Member

thank you, sir. i'm a long time lurker, first time poster lol.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The parents appear to be negligent in letting their children race bicycles with training wheels in front of a building in NYC.
    Did the kids - one almost 5 and the other older than 5 - know that racing their bikes was wrong in that setting? Doubtful since mommy was allowing it.
    Did they know running their bicycle into someone was wrong? Probably.
    Were they able to stop in time? Can't tell from the story.
    The woman died 3 months later from unrelated causes. But she had 3 months of pain and suffering thus making a good cause for a suit against the parents.

6. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Back in the day, watching your kids meant preventing your little angels from running into things or people. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if these two moms were engrossed in conversation, talking on cell phones, texting or any combination thereof.
    On Halloween we took our kids (ages 5 and 7) trick or treating in a neighborhood with plenty of such activity. It was appalling how many parents were letting their kids of similar age run wild, push to be first, cross the street without slowing down or looking, etc. The parents in this story would have fit right in.

7. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

Pearl wants her money:

Draft saved Draft deleted