1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Four Suspects Arrested in Taylor Killing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jgmacg, Nov 30, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll bite on this one. We know that they cased the house and plotted to rob it. They also brought a gun with them. I'm going out on a limb, but what if they had the gun only to scare someone, and not to shoot anyone? I'm thinking (until the rest of the evidence sorts itself out) that one of them freaked out when they saw Taylor, fired the gun, and all of them took off.

I'm just talking here, but that could be one of the stories that the one of the suspects were telling police.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Depends if he busted through a locked door, or not.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Here's what I want to know ...

Did Taylor yell "Hey, I'm calling the cops in here" before they kicked in the door? Did he make an noise at all, or were the burglers surprised by him when the door was kicked in?

Were the lights on in the bedroom or not? Is it possible the robbers were firing blindly in a dark room when they saw somebody?

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Since this whole story started it's felt like a lot of people have seen too much CSI or mystery/thriller movies.

Lines like, "There's still a lot more to this story we don't know about," sound too much like people want this story to be more exciting (for lack of a better word) than a burglary gone awry.

As the saying goes, the simplest answer is usually the correct one.

5. Or you could just piss off.
    I know which way I'm voting.

Draft saved Draft deleted