1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Four Suspects Arrested in Taylor Killing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jgmacg, Nov 30, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

The latest from the Miami Herald.

http://www.miamiherald.com/1246/story/326903.html

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So is this a Murder One case?

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Probably. I'd imagine they're going to get charged with felony murder, which is generally a Murder One case.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I know it's a long ways off, but is Florida a death penalty state?

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

They cased the joint during his sister's birthday party? How depraved can you be?

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It was when Ted Bundy was convicted.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm incredibly fucking angry about what happened on the previous thread. But putting that aside...

I think people need to stop repeating the stuff about the door getting kicked in. That came from the attorney, who has already said things that turned out to be false, like the phone lines being cut, so even if you decide the most recent developments don't fit your theories, don't use stuff that might be false to continue to try and make your point. Until someone shows me a police officer saying the door was kicked in, it's no different than the phone lines being cut.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Please don't anybody be angry - there was no harm done.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Man, the relationships involved in this case are really screwed up.

How do you feel if you're the sister right now? I can't imagine the pain she's going through.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's a messed-up case to be sure, but don't try making sense of this. Trying to understand what was going through a suspect's mind when they were breaking the law is futile. From what I've experienced when interviewing inmates, their view of crime is similar to that of a "regular" person who might go 75 in 60 mph zone. You do what you think you've got to do, even if you know its wrong.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He'll get back to you on that.

[​IMG]

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If only the Miami police read SportsJournalists.com, the case would have been solved days ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted