1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Four Seattle-area police officers shot dead in coffee-shop ambush

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's better than the racial path that the thread had started to turn down.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

When a murder suspect is on the loose, race, height, weight... every fucking available detail of known identification should be desseminated.

Inarguable among the sane.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Well, yeah, you got me there.

Race is an identifier, pure and simple. No way around that.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Even by media tens of thousands of miles away?

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the NY Times?

6. Simon_Cowbell

THAT is the issue?

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter.

When the media holds back information that is readily available elsewhere, the reader knows that the media outlet is not being honest with him.

Calls the entire credibility of the media outlet into question.

What else are you holding back?

And, I'm sorry that this has moved so far from the original topic. It should probably be a separate thread.

I join everyone in mourning these cops who were assassinated. It's a horrible story.

I've spent a lot of time around cops. It's a tough job no matter where they work. I think some of these small town cops don't get the same respect as big city cops, but you never know where some psycho is going to go nuts with a gun.

8. cortez

cortez Member

I wonder if O'Reilly will hound Huckabee to death,like he does the other judges who've released convicts that end up getting free and hurting or killing someone

9. Simon_Cowbell

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2010386387_webleschihome29m.html

Yikes.... SWAT raids place they had surrounded... and he isn't there?

10. Simon_Cowbell

Memo to Seattle Times.... these are NOT witnesses

No URL visible to me....

More witnesses around the Forza
    POSTED BY STACEY MULICK ON NOVEMBER 29, 2009 AT 11:31 AM SHARE THIS
    At Rollies Tavern nearby, the plasma TVs usually tuned to football had Northwest Cable News on.

Three bar patrons live next door to the Forza.

Jerry Arnold, 45, was in bed when he was woken up by sirens. He's lived there seven years and never seen anything close to Sunday's scene.

"I've never seen anything like it," he said. "It's always been a nice area to live."

"I hope they get them. I can't sleep until they do. Those guys could be hiding in my backyard."

Drew Ruttin, 29, says the area is relatively low-crime: "it's a busy enough thoroughfare that it stays safe. But this is just crazy."

David Gabrielson, 27, lives in the Willow Park Apartments across the street. He's a cashier at the nearby 76 station.

He got into work at 8. At 8:30 to 8:45 a.m., "The cops started going crazy. Tons of cars blaring their sirens."

"This neighborhood's not that bad," Gabrielson said. "At least I used to think so."

11. Simon_Cowbell

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2010386387_webleschihome29m.html

Police are searching the University of Washington campus this morning after a report that suspected cop killer Maurice Clemmons was seen getting off a Metro bus on campus.

The report came about an hour after a Seattle SWAT team searched a Leschi house it had surrounded overnight, but found no sign of Clemmons. The UW sent out an alert to staff, students and faculty, said UW police spokesman Jerome Solomon. He could not say what bus was involved, nor who called in the alleged sighting. He also couldn't say where on campus Clemmons was spotted.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Oh, shit. I hope he's not planning on getting violent against a bunch of college students.

Draft saved Draft deleted