1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Four Seattle-area police officers shot dead in coffee-shop ambush

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Nov 29, 2009.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Interesting point, YankeeFan. At places I've worked, we do include the race of the suspect, regardless of what it is.

If the idea is to let the public know who the police are seeking, include as much information on the suspect as possible.

2. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

I've wondered about this when it comes to running the info with a picture. I mean if you have the picture, do you need to say his race? A head shot may not tell you height, weight or tattoos, but some papers may think it's redundant to say the race if they are running a color photo of the suspect.

Just a thought anyway.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that had the suspect been caucasian, the PI and New York Times would have reported such.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh for the love of Tebow. Really? This is really turning into a liberal media rant?

5. old_tony

Nah. Just a clueless media rant. It's clueless to exclude the guy's race whether they're liberal or conservative.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Looks that way.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sorry but I have a hard time believing you'd be so critical if the Foxies didn't declare his race, regardless of what it is.

8. old_tony

Any news outlet that doesn't include race in the description of a wanted suspect is clueless. If Fox didn't include it I'd go just as hard at them.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

5'8" 235 -- Matt Stairs could be a suspect.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Sounds 100 lbs short to me.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

John Kruk perhaps

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Brutal news. It just makes me sick. I have a former neighbor who lost four colleagues in a police shooting in California this year. I don't know how you deal with something like that. Thoughts and prayers to the families and friends.

Draft saved Draft deleted