1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Four Seattle-area police officers shot dead in coffee-shop ambush

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Nov 29, 2009.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Latest report indicates that he may have been shot by one of the officers, which makes sense. Hard to imagine one guy being able to fire at four cops without at least one of them firing back. Hell, it's hard to imagine one guy being able to fire at four cops period.

Though it's possible they couldn't fire at will because of the fear of hitting other people.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Cops have a suspect, I mean person of interest.
    From the PI
    http://www.seattlepi.com/local/412727_shooting29.html

He should still be in prison, but then Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee commuted his sentence down.
    Fuckabee strikes again. This is at least the second person he has cut loose who went to go on criminal rampages.
    I'm sure he'll pray about on his Fox show and then go count his money. Stupid fucking Fuckabee.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Let's see how this thing unfolds first before throwing Huckabee under the bus.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

To piggyback on what old tony said...if someone is arrested for this, I can't see him (or her) making it to trial. Some kind of "accident" will happen.

5. JayFarrar

I hope Fuckabee gets run over by that bus...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2010385617_webmansought29.html

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Unless, of course, he's let go yet again by a God-fearing Republican who Old Tony would no doubt approve of.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I was never a Huckabee guy and I hope he gets roasted big time for this. In fact, I eagerly await Huckabee's "explanation." His next show (which should also be his last) should be interesting.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He's already issued his explanation, it's not his fault.

9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

On Halloween there was a police officer shot in Seattle. Apparently the guy was sitting there discussing a traffic stop with a trainee and someone pulled alongside and started shooting.

As a native PNW'er, I am surprised by the violence. The area has its share of problems, but this is so shocking to me. I abhor violence and to see something like this makes me sick.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What Huckabee says is true. He should have been in jail regardless of what Huckabee did 9 years ago.

That said, Huckabee is toast. Michael Dukakis will be nominated by the GOP before Huckabee.

11. JayFarrar

It wasn't Fuckabee's fault when he cut loose a rapist, who only went out and murdered someone a few years later.
    Google Wayne Dumond for more.
    Nothing is ever Fuckabee's fault.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Do newspapers have policies that forbid mentioning a suspect's race when describing him?

The P-I's website (I know it's not technically a newspaper anymore) runs this description of the suspect:

Right next to this picture:

[​IMG]

Come on. I'm supposed to look for a 5'8" 235 pound guy with a mole, but you're not going to tell me what race the guy I'm looking for is.

Draft saved Draft deleted