1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Four Seattle-area police officers shot dead in coffee-shop ambush

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Nov 29, 2009.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think he "only" put up $15,000 with a bail bondsman, who then put up the rest. Not sure where he got $15,000, but it's not like he came up with $190,000.

I think Arkansas just saw his arrest in Washington as a way to make their problem go away.

With budget issues & overcrowded jails, I'm sure they just saw this as a way to save some money. Sad truth.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, at least the taxpayers won't have to pay to have this guy put to death.

They ought to give his helpers life in prison, no parole. Help someone kill a cop, you're in jail permanently. Then, they won't have to worry about stop snitchin rules. Those will get enforced in prison.

3. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Lester Bangs posted a link to an article that explains how he made bail:

From the article:

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Wow. Never heard of booking bail.

That law has to be changed. Wouldn't be surprised if ends up as a voter referendum in the next election if the legislature doesn't change it first.

Nothing like cops getting killed to get elected officials & voters to change their thinking on some of these law and order issues.

5. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

This will be a fun legislative session, no doubt. This is the kind of thing that gets laws like "three strikes" and civil commitments for sex offenders enacted. In some ways it's an erosion of civil rights, but when cracks in the system allow things like this to happen, people stop caring about taking away the rights of those who commit crimes.

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Yeah, it seems Arkansas officials issued another warrant to cover their asses, then never told anyone about it.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I think there are actions that officially expel you from the human race, rape and/or murder of a child primarily.... the stealing of that innocence.

I also believe that being able to kill an innocent person with one finger flinch is WAY too easy.

Draft saved Draft deleted