1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Four nights in New Orleans this week

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dargan, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You could skip Redfish Grill for dinner but I'd recommend passing on dessert with your dinner somewhere else one night and stopping by there for an order of bread pudding.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

http://www.brennansneworleans.com/

Get their Typical New Orleans Breakfast

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's great.

But.

Odds on coronary within 72 hours: even money.

4. dargan

dargan Active Member

Thanks again, y'all. Good suggestions all around.

5. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

You may already know this, but in some of the coupon books I picked up on the way into town, some of the nice restaurants, including Redfish, had coupons for a complimentary bottle of wine with dinner. Saved us about $26, and was a pretty good starter before paying for drinks in the Quarter.

6. dargan

dargan Active Member

Stopped outside Lafayette at a place called Best Stop Supermarket, which claims to make the best boudin in Louisiana. I heard they sell 2,000 pounds per day.

Anyway, it was pretty good. The real thing, too. But the cracklins we got were unreal. Flat-out unbelievable. I couldn't stop eating them. I had to force myself to quit because I knew we'd soon arrive in New Orleans and I had to save some room.

Draft saved Draft deleted