1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Four Marines killed in a rampage shooting, coincidentally occurring a few weeks after another one

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 16, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

18-year-old Mohammad joked about his name, and the reaction people had to it:

[​IMG]

24-year-old Mohammad got religious, grew a beard, and killed four Marines.

2. YankeeFan

I think we can rule out poverty as a motivating factor:

[​IMG]

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Please note that the usual subjects don't want to talk about an angry person taking a gun and killing multiple people. It's always has to be religion, flags, etc...

As with any gun related murder, I want to know who was the original purchaser of the weapon and if this person was legally allowed to own it.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Read better.

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Middle Easterners who kill are radical terrorists killing in the name of religion and reflect the views of all Muslims, who want to take over the world.

White Americans who kill are mentally ill.

It's really very simple.

7. YankeeFan

Are you arguing for classifying Muslims as mentally ill? Tell me more.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If you read it right the first time, how is reading it "better" going to help?

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think every race and religion has its disturbed individuals.

America is perhaps unique in allowing them all to legally own an arsenal of assault rifles, however.

10. YankeeFan

Yes, your simple single minded focus is quite admirable.

And, we should talk about the angry person who killed four people. Let's talk about his trip to the Middle East. What did he do while there? Who did he spend time with:

Counterterrorism investigators are looking closely at a monthslong trip the Chattanooga shooting suspect took to Jordan in 2014 to determine if he had contact with any extremists or traveled to other countries, according to people familiar with the investigation.

Mohammod Youssuf Abdulazeez, 24 years old, spent about seven months in Jordan last year, according to one person close to the investigation. The visit was one of a number of trips he took to that country during his life. He also held Jordanian citizenship, officials said.

Chattanooga Shooting Suspect’s Trip to Jordan Scrutinized by Authorities - WSJ

I'm also curious why a guy born in Kuwait had Jordanian citizenship. That doesn't make sense to me.

I'll also never understand why we allow dual citizenship.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Except the Islamic religion has positive aspects that millions of people embrace to live their lives.

What positive aspects does the Confederate flag have?

12. YankeeFan

OK. Sure.

But if radical Islamic terrorists and mentally ill white people act out in similar manners, why do we only ever ask why we don't label the mentally ill white people as terrorists?

Why does embracing doctrinal so often result in someone acting like a crazy person? Is radical Islam attractive to the mentally ill, or does radical Islam warp the brain in the same way that mental illness does?

Draft saved Draft deleted