1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Four Marines killed in a rampage shooting, coincidentally occurring a few weeks after another one

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I see there is plenty of self-congratulatory smugness from sides. Might as well add this to your posts.

[​IMG]

3. Mr. Sunshine

I wish I was wrong about the usual suspects not being interested in this story.

But maybe the lack of responses is due to YF not being here to move things along.

4. Mr. Sunshine

I mean, without "bigots" or CEOs involved, what's there to say, right?

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

We should do something drastic. Like wage an open-ended global war against the ideology that inspires attacks like these.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Kill 'em all, let Allah sort them out.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Also, a body count of four isn't enough to really grab people any more in this era in which rampage killings happen at the same rate as they always have.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

DW, you're just a walking, talking, hourly-billing Type I error machine!

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I have to wonder what role the two recent, unfounded "shots fired" reports at the Navy Yard and Walter Reed played in the response here.

Is that part of the reason why this guy was able to travel SEVEN MILES from one shooting to the next? It's worth asking.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I've been out of town since Sunday and was traveling home yesterday. Here's what I have to say: It's disgusting that you and YF would use the occasion of four marines getting gunned down to troll (starting with the second post of this thread) in such an abjectly insipid manner. Congratulations, you need to really work at it to sink to that level.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And, the people who made Chalreston all about the flag did so to honor the lives of the victims?

I'm all for pulling the flag down. It is a symbol if racism, at least as used in today's society.

But, the people who pivoted from the Charleston shooting to the flag, before the bodies were even buried, weren't honoring the lives of the victims, they were trying to score political points. They thought they could put "racist Republicans" in a pickle, and that they could turn that into a national issue, that would help elect Dems, including, and especially, the unlikable former first lady.

Besides maybe the Pastor/State Senator, can anyone here name a single victim in the Charleston shooting without looking up their names?

But, a radical Muslim can murder four Marines, and there won't be a call for any symbolic action. And, instead of considering the murderous inspiration in the Holy Koran itself, we will hear instead how Islam is a great religion, and a religion of peace.

But, as usual, this guy became more radical as he became more religious.

12. Mr. Sunshine

So you're not upset so much that four Marines were killed, just that their deaths were not respectfully ignored per sj protocol.

Draft saved Draft deleted