1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Four Marines killed in a rampage shooting, coincidentally occurring a few weeks after another one

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 16, 2015.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The shooter has pushed Terrell Owens to second and myself to third as the most infamous Chattanooga grads.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Four dead Marines and you're trotting out an out-of-context post from 2009 to troll me. I might be on a Shetland pony, but at least I'm not rolling in the gutter like you.

I never should have given you the satisfaction of replying to your bullshit. It won't happen again.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Marines are not allowed to die without permission.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Pissed off or unbalanced person kills a lot of people with a gun.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

One of those people was a Senator. I don't think any of these victims were elected officials.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

What's your point? I'm saying that it shouldn't shock anyone that the Confederate flag became a target.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Tennessee is not an open carry state, but the state shall issue concealed carry permits and open carry permits. If you ask they must give you a permit unless you don't qualify. No reason for the carry permit is needed.

There are no restrictions on private sales of firearms in Tennessee, except that one may not knowingly sell a firearm to a prohibited person. So there will be no paperwork or trail to which Wayne LaPierre butt buddy gave him the weapons.

So where were all the armed citizens detering this crime with the guns?

With all due respect to the men who were senselessly killed, the killer may have been a religious fanatic, those muslims can be fanatical. Gay marriage might have pushed them over the edge. Or Obamacare's requirements on vaccinations. Liquor sales on the Sabbath may have been an issue. And we know they love religious education, especially in public schools. Actually, under muslim law, the Koran must be taught in school. THats truely unAmerican. Prayer in schools.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Shooting or no shooting, it was inappropriate to keep flying the flag.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  9. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Radical Muslims only kill innocent people on days that end in "y."

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

The flag wasn't the culprit, but what the flag symbolizes was. Actually saw the "your dishonoring the soldiers who fought" by removing the flag in the local letters to the editor. Absurd.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Out of respect for the shooter, certain folks don't want to jump to conclusions.

Draft saved Draft deleted