1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Four Alabama football players/geniuses arrested for robbery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Posted this in the BCS title game thread, but figure it merits its own now that details are out.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20130212/NEWS/130219947?tc=cr

The players are defensive lineman D.J. Pettway, safety Eddie Williams, linebacker Tyler Hayes and H-back Brent Calloway. All but Calloway were charged with 2nd-degree robbery and credit card fraud (Calloway with just credit card fraud).

All were back-ups last year, though Calloway and possibly Pettway were due to start next season. Williams was a 5-star recruit out of high school, the other three were 4-stars.

Apparently, Williams, Pettway and Hayes robbed two students — in separate incidents — stealing, among other things, their university-issued student debit cards. The three, along with Calloway (who was not present during the robberies) used the cards to obtain snacks from the vending machines in PAUL W. BRYANT HALL!

Oh, and Williams was also picked up for carrying an unlicensed firearm on Sunday. Two arrests in two days.

It's also the 2nd arrest for Calloway, who was popped for marijuana possession in the fall of 2011.

I'm guessing they're all "former" Alabama football players by the end of the day.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I blame the NCAA. If they only paid the players they wouldn't have to resort to felonies and misdemeanors for some spending money.

You can't take kids from corrigated shacks with spotty crackhead mothers and fathers in prison and drop them in cosmopolitan cities like Tuscaloosa and expect them to thrive

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They'll all fit in at Florida. :D

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Williams is from Panama City. Pretty solid bet he's playing at FAMU next year.

5. Mizzougrad96

All have committed to play at Ole Miss. :D

6. Mizzougrad96

All four are now represented by Cam Newton's father.

7. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Roll Tide.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Parole Tide!

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I am thinking Brent Calloway gets away without issue. There's at least a chance he didn't know where the money came from, and I'm sure he'll use it to his defense.

The others should be gone. I thought I saw Eddie Williams got a gun charge.

10. heyabbott

I though Pastor Newton only dealt with Auburn

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Everyone is coming together these days.

[​IMG]

That makes me hate Katherine Webb. Mouse-faced disloyal whore.

12. heyabbott

5 1/2

Draft saved Draft deleted