1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fort Hood shooting 2014

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The difference, though, in this 24-7 era of instant reporting, there's a lot of pressure to get it first. Back when newspapers were big,, they could take some time to confirm their info.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Exactly. What are the TV networks going to report "Something happened at Fort Hood. We're not sure what, but get back to us in a day or two once we've sorted out what happened."
    A few days ago, I was arguing about this with somebody regarding Sandy Hook. The conspiracy theorist said the early reports are the ones that are most likely to be truthful because they happened before the bad guys (meaning the government and the media) had a chance to get their stories straight.
    I fail to see the logic in that comment.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

WTFWHSTDAI ?

(Wait, I know -- he was supposed to impose more gun-control laws!! I am eagerly awaiting hearing the Screech Machine launch into tirades because the M.N. has been remiss in not imposing tougher gun laws. He's weak, you know [a coward, pussy, etc etc] --- their superhero Putin would have just gone on teevee and announced he was confiscating all the guns, because THAT summbitch knows how to get things done!!! )

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/246056/wnd-others-swipe-picture-of-wrong-man-from-fort-hood-newspapers-archives/

World Net Daily used a photo of some other soldier named Ivan Lopez.

Draft saved Draft deleted