1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fort Hood Memorial Service

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I just watched it on the news - when the families walked through the memorials *** end of the dry eyes for me. Wow.
    And, yeah, Obama can do the speaking thing pretty darn well.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

three_bags_full:

Prayers for you & your fellow service members.

3. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

I was a really moving service. I appreciate that the President identified each victim and told us a little something about each one. It was heartbreaking, but a special and respectful personal touch I thought.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

TBF - thoughts and prayers always. We're eight years past 9/11, who knows how many years away from leaving Afghanistan and Iraq, and yet people like you and your fellow soldiers continue showing up day after day. We can never do enough for our soldiers.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Hearing the Sgt. Maj. voice echo.

Wow.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watched a Nightline report by Bob Woodruff, he followed a Muslim Army officer to a local Muslim business Hasan hung out at inviting members there to the service to make them feel welcome and show that the Army doesn't blame the faith for the shooting. After they took off with the officer, ABC's camera showed the FBI showing up and searching the garbage cans of the business.

7. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

There are no better, no more loyal friends on earth than those you serve with. I know that and I've never donned a uniform. I absolutely love that.

If Washington could find that within the walls of government.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe it was an optical illusion, but it seemed like the weather was cloudy until the end of the roll call, then the sun came out, as if to say that all the fallen soldiers are safe.

Draft saved Draft deleted