1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forrest Gump = Benjamin Button

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 24, 2009.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Benjamin Button is exactly like Gump ... except no AIDS:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/35b0167b17/the-curious-case-of-forrest-gump

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This has been mentioned about 15 times on every thread involving the Oscar nominees, as well as the thread about BB, if I remember correctly. I know both Ben Hecht and I said it and had a big discussion about it on one of the threads.

But thanks.

3. TheSportsPredictor

That video has been mentioned?

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I think Button's worth seeing if only for the excellent special effects work they did with Pitt and Blanchett. There are some similarites of course, but I think the actual concept of Button is pretty innovative with a man aging backwards.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Someone posted it last month on one of the Oscar threads, I'm pretty sure. Too lazy to look it up.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

If it weren't written by the same guy, I might buy that.

7. Wasn't there a Mork and Mindy episode where they met one of Mork's superiors and he was a young blonde kid?

Sorry I don't watch movies inspired by Mork.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Looking forward, not backward.

Anticipating Johnny Depp as John Dillinger . . . and Daniel Day-Lewis as the director in the film version of the musical, Nine.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

And I thought the same thing about five hours into the 11 hour film.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

To clarify, TSP, I didn't mean the video (though kokane said it was, I didn't see it). I read the thread title and the first line of your post to mean you were just now noticing this similarity. I guess i didn't take it as "I found a video backing up something that's been talked about" because the thread title was that the two were similar.

That was all I was commenting on. Sorry if you misread it.

11. TheSportsPredictor

I didn't misread.

Draft saved Draft deleted