1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former NFL player Bruce Pickens' wikipedia page: Dude runs a doomsday cult

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, May 2, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Pickens

I mean . . . this CAN'T be real, right?

"Bruce Pickens (born May 9, 1968 in Kansas City, Missouri) is a former professional American football player who played cornerback for four seasons for the Atlanta Falcons, Green Bay Packers, Kansas City Chiefs, and Oakland Raiders.
    He currently runs a doomsday cult in Oxnard, CA. The cult follows an ancient belief that the Pryosian God of War, Nicoh Ada Groskreut will return and end the world."

2. How in the hell does one just come across Bruce Pickens' doomsday cult Wikipedia page???

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

[citation needed]

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

BTW, there is no Pryosian God of War, Nicoh Ada Groskreut, according to the interwebs.

5. I rather the guy run a Doomsday Cult than have to read about some half-assed comeback attempt ...

Yeah, I'm talking to you Brett Favre!

It could be worse. He could be selling Amway.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Fixed.

Sears sucks, Crash.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I was reading about Todd Marijuanavich, saw the listing of 1991 draft picks at the bottom, started clicking.

The end.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Brett Favre does run a doomsday cult. See Peter King's wikipedia page. [/Boom]

9. Cool. I'm always curious how these Wikipedia treasure finds actually transpire.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Can't wait for Steve Sabol to make an NFL Films "catching up with" piece on this guy.

Sabol: Bruce, this is a nice spread you've got here.
    Pickens: Thanks Steve, but it'll all be gone soon. The Pryosian god of war is coming, and he shall rend this world asunder.
    Sabol: Yes, please tell me how you go from a first-round pick in one of the worst drafts ever, to running your very own doomsday cult. You've done more to get this thing up and running than you ever did in your NFL career.
    Pickens: Well, it's a funny story...

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Greatest. NFL. Practical. Joke. Ever.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Doesn't one of our own have an in-law who either runs a cult or have some wacky political/religious views in Pennsylvania?

Draft saved Draft deleted