1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former N. M. Senator Domenici Admits Fathering Son Out-Of-Marriage Decades Ago

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Feb 20, 2013.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

A then-married Sen. Tim Hutchinson, (Ark-R) was banging his Chief of Staff while serving as a Clinton impeachment juror.

It runs in the family, by the way, Tim's son, Jeremy, is a state legislator in Arkansas and was in the news recently because his mistress hit him in the head with a stuffed alligator head after a lovers' quarrel.

2. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Hutchinson was a pretty good one. I remember his brother Asa was on the House impeachment committee too (and came across -- along with Bill McCollum -- as one of the more annoyingly petty and sanctimonious members). Don't know if he was a serial adulterer like his brother.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

No thread like this would be complete without a mention of
    Barney Frank.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What illegitimate children did he father?

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

did Frank help Republican Mark Foley pick out cute teenaged Congressional pages to harass.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

When have Demorcrats said that they are the party of family values?

7. Boom_70

Who are these Demorcrats that you speak of? I am not familiar with that party.

It sounds like what many of you are saying is that since Demorcrats have not spoken about family values that it
    is ok for them to live a Washington life of sexual deviance. They in effect have cover to do as they please.

8. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

No -- I think the point is that it's interesting how so many of the Republicans who were actively involved in impeaching a president for only the second time in more than 200 years over, let's face it, sexual indiscretions, and who were so vocal about the sexual immorality of that president even if they were sincerely concerned (yeah, right) about the lying under oath piece, were, themselves, pulling the same shit on the side.

Nobody is saying it's OK for anyone to live Washington lives of "sexual deviance" (though I don't care as long as it's consensual). Nobody would give a shit about the sexual deviance of these particular Republicans either, beyond amusement purposes, if they hadn't so self-righteously hypocritical during the Lewinsky proceedings. And if anyone had dirt on Holy Joe Lieberman pulling a little strange behind Hadassah's back, I'm sure he'd be up for the same ridicule.

Of course, I'm sure you get that, and are being willfully obtuse (cue up Shawshank reference).

9. printit

printit Member

I'm missing something here...what's wrong with that sentence? She is not saying he was an upstanding family man, just that he had the reputation of one. And she's drawing a contrast between the man and his reputation.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Who on earth would give ANY house member a reputation for being upstanding? As a rule, these are some of the most horrible people we have in this country. They are human garbage. Time and time and time again, we are shown that they are driven by the motivation to line their own pockets, stick their dicks in either sex, and carry the flag for their own red or blue agenda. Fuck this shit about being upstanding family men. They lavish these reputations on each other, and pontificate about the peccadilloes of people from the other party.

So don't write and tell me one of these clowns has a "reputation as an upstanding family man". They have a reputation of being rotten to the core. Don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining.

11. Boom_70

This !

Pretty much sums up the state of Washington DC.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Actually, Democrats don't care if people have halos or not, just as long as if you have one, that you live up to it.

Draft saved Draft deleted