1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former N. M. Senator Domenici Admits Fathering Son Out-Of-Marriage Decades Ago

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Feb 20, 2013.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/20/17031901-former-senator-reveals-he-fathered-a-child-with-daughter-of-another-senator?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1

Domenici has been out of public life five years. The child has had a military career before going into law practice. Does it matter that he releases this NOW?

Or should we all be disgusted by this kind of thing no matter how long after it has taken place before the need to make public confessions gets to these people?

I am both annoyed by the facts, but the timing almost makes things like this makes this story a yawner. OK,......Have at.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Another GOPer who believes in family values and the sanctity of marriage.

Yeah, surrre.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Looks like Pete was in his 50s and Michelle Laxalt in her early 20s. (If that.)

Those GOP country club get-togethers must be awesome.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

“I deeply regret this and am very sorry for my behavior,” Domenici said.

Shouldn't that quote just be memorized by every house member when they are sworn in? Its going to be needed at some point.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Here's why they released it:

Domenici and Michelle Laxalt said they were releasing the information now because they thought someone else would shop it around to media outlets to damage Domenici’s reputation.

By the way, I also believe Steve Cohen that he didn't realize he had a daughter until a few years ago. I'm convinced, given what my birth mother has told me, that there is a paint company salesman south of Pittsburgh who has no idea he has a fourth, much older child.

7. poindexter

“Recently information has come to me that this sacred situation might be twisted, re-written out of whole cloth, and shopped to press outlets large and small in a vicious attempt to smear, hurt and diminish Pete Domenici, an honorable man, his extraordinary wife, Nancy, and other innocents.”

Go fuck yourself, Michelle.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A 'sacred situation' ?

A horny-handed 50ish guy schtupping the cutie-bootie 20ish daughter of a professional colleague?

I feel the need to sanctify myself. Praise da lawd.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Thread....totally worthless without...yadda yadda

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hah, someone's been on google images.

11. poindexter

She go to the plastic surgeon and say, "give me the Lesley Visser"?

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

This.

Draft saved Draft deleted